Volunteer with PosAbility
There are so many ways you can be involved, however much time you have, you can make a difference. Meet new people, gain new skills and make a difference to people living in your community.
Volunteers are crucial to Pos+Ability continued success, from tea making and support at our weekly session to helping to raise tombola prizes and attend the fundraising events just to name a few.
NEW!! PosAbility Event Volunteer
Love to volunteer but only occasionally? We are looking for volunteers to help on our charity stall at local events throughout the year. Spend a couple of hours helping out.
If you are friendly, outgoing and reliable, we would love to hear from you - email us email@example.com or phone us 07565 598 193
Volunteer Exercise Support Assistants
We provide structured exercise programmes for people with long-term physically disabling conditions. Our face to face sessions are running again within Covid-19 safety guidelines.
Sessions take place in Littleport, Soham and Histon. We are seeking volunteers to be part of the team in each of our centres.
You might be -
- Meeting and greeting clients, ensuring that everyone is welcome and that any issues are flagged to the lead instructor;
- Assisting staff in helping clients get seated (possibly transferring from a wheelchair to an standard chair);
- Supporting clients to participate in the exercises;
- Leading quizzes and activities during the refreshments;
- Engaging clients in conversation, facilitating inclusion in discussions and generally being friendly.
No experience is necessary as full training and support will be given, although the role would be particularly suitable for someone with healthcare experience, or experience of helping people with disabling conditions.
PosAbility celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and volunteers
Contact us for more details : Email firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 07565 598 193